The largest portion of the world economy revolves around trading hours for dollars, while a small section of smart entrepreneurs know that trading value for dollars is much more lucrative.
You grow up being taught to get a good job and work hard so that after a certain period of time you may get a raise or even promoted. But what if you didn’t have to live your life and your financial gain dependent on someone else’s time schedule? Just think of the freedom that could bring you.
If you want more time and money or just want to retire early, you must have a change in your mindset and forget what you’ve been told. Stop trading hours for dollars and get an entrepreneurial mindset.
This doesn’t necessarily mean you need to quit your job, it just means you need to think out of the box and use your skills and knowledge in a better and more productive way.
While some people do quit their jobs and go out on their own, it’s not always necessary. You may not want to give up that great health insurance or the stock options your company offers, and that’s okay.
So many people today are starting tiny micro-businesses called side hustles. These side hustles allow you to make extra money, be creative, and add value to your lives and the lives of those around you.
Examples of Proven Side Hustles
1. Create an informational product or course around your knowledge and sell it online.
2. Write your knowledge in a kindle book and sell it on Amazon.
3. Get involved in a multi-level marketing business. This is a great way to make some residual income. Even some Avon representatives who have a large group working under them make almost $300,000 per year.
4. Start a blog in an area you are knowledgeable in and monetize it with related products to bring in the income you desire.
5. Become a super affiliate and make a six-figure income selling other people’s products
It doesn’t matter what area your knowledge is in because everyone knows enough about something to make extra money with that knowledge. Don’t let your sub-conscious, your neighbors, or your relatives tell you your ideas are stupid. Believe in yourself and move forward.
Remember, there are only so many hours in a day and if you trade your hours for dollars your income will always be limited. While a stable paycheck and being a company man is good, being financially independent is fantastic.
Only you can change your mindset so don’t continue on the same path. A new day and a new way of living are in your future.
What value do you monetize and trade in the market place?